Problems Relating to Food-borne Illnesses
E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Campylobacter and mold are the most prevalent pathogens. Pathogens like these are building resistance to many products and methods currently used to control the pathogen problem. In addition, these products are often toxic and environmentally harmful.
Some basic facts:
These illnesses affect approximately 77 million U.S. residents per year.
As a result, 320,000 Americans are hospitalized annually.
7,500 die from these illnesses each year.
One-third of food-borne illnesses are caused by improperly handled or prepared meat, poultry and produce.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
EAU’s Empowered Water™ solutions offer a comprehensive organic program that starts in the barn and continues through the field. Treating the entire farm with Empowered Water can provide a host of benefits, including:
- Provide a cleaner, safer, low-odor environment
- Improve milk quality and increase production
- Improved livestock health and quality of life
- Higher quality crop and feed
Why EAU’s Solutions Make a Dairy Better
EAU’s Empowered Water™ technology uses microstructured alkaline water. Research has shown this water to be superior to sodium bicarbonate in its ability to:
- Reduce diseases such as ruminal acidosis in barn animals
- Increase the animals’ absorption of nutrients and hydration status
- Positively and dramatically impact milk production
EAU’s Empowered Water™ technology provides additional benefits by:
- Cleaning and sanitizing raw milk CIP systems and other equipment without harmful chemicals
- Reducing pathogens and other microorganisms more effectively than sodium hypochlorite, ozone or other harsh chemicals
- Not irritating skin
- Not bleaching or staining clothing
- Being completely harmless to the environment
By eliminating harmful chemicals, EAU’s Empowered Water™ technology doesn't alter the farm’s septic lagoon microflora, which are essential for bio-degradation.